Things are going better already.
We have our 3rd counseling appointment today and even after 2 sessions I already feel much better. It's nice to talk to someone and have her help us understand why things are the way they are and help us work on issues in a healthy and open way. So far I've only cried once. 1 out of 2, woo-hoo!
I probably should have done this long ago... for myself and for us as a couple. Lord knows I have enough baggage and family issues to deal with for 5 people, let alone one person. It's nice to finally get it out there and be able to talk about it openly.
It's amazing how the way someone thinks and behaves is based on the way they were raised and how their family did things. I was very aware of it before, but I am even more aware now. When it comes down to it, there really is no "normal" family environment or no "right way" to raise children. There are definitely wrong ways, but its amazing how even the most normal things that happen as a child can shape a person. Everyone acts the way they do because of their own unique experience, whether its bad or good.
On another note, we have lots of visitors coming to see us very soon. Joe's parents are coming in a couple weeks, then my mom is coming the week after (labor day weekend), then Joe's brother's, Ben and Andy are probably coming for a Greenbay Packers Game, and then finally in December my sister is coming! Whew! I'm sure the time will go fast and soon enough it will be Fall (and then Winter) again. Crazy! Even though I love Fall, I am going to enjoy the great summer weather we are having this week, comfortable and nice. aaahhh.
No comments:
Post a Comment